Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Amazing Tremblant - Riviere Rouge ride



The Rouge river valley south of Mont Tremblant (St-Jovite) is one of the most beautiful places to ride a bike in quebec. Even the llamas agree, I asked them.

I rode from St-Jovite to just before Brebeuf, then turned on Vents and rode upriver to La Conception, where I crossed the river on their unique wood bridge.

Across the river I rode downriver to Brebeuf, then continue to Lac Loutre where there was a rest stop.

Downhill from here I turned and started riding upriver again.

This was on chemin Riviere rouge all the way to Brebeuf. Very scenic, again.

Back at Brebeuf for the third time, this time I stopped and visited the beach and the bridge and got some food at the Axep store.



Then it was over to the covered bridge, yet another scenic spot on this ride, scenery is the number one reason to take this ride. It sure isn't the quality of the roads.


Finally it was up the crazy chemin sauvagin, up and up and up.

At last there was no more up, and it was finally time to go downhill and back to St-Jovite on Kavanaugh, a road with the best bike path I have ever seen.


Summary: This ride has the best scenery in all of Quebec.


Ride Source:
The idea for this ride came from the Velo Mag book, Randonees des Reves (loosely: "Rides of your Dreams") . This is an excellent book, with many great rides in the harder, longer department.

1 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These pictures are great, I'll make sure to check out this area soon! Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home