Monday, October 09, 2006

Big ride in La Mauricie - riviere Batiscan river

I took a ride in La Mauricie (between Trois Rivieres and Quebec city) on the weekend.

I started in Ste-Genevieve de Batiscan and rode to Notre Dame de Montauban, to St-Thecle, St-Tite, and back to the start.

This ride is from the quebec cycling guidebook Randonee des Reves (Dream Rides).

In the guide book this ride is a two day ride (73 km and 52 km days) but I did it in a one day ride with about 7 hours start to finish. Seven tiring hours, no mountains, but pleanty of up and down theough the laurentian highlands and the river valleys of La Mauricie.

I also passed through the excellently named Saint Tite Quebec.

I also visited the excellent Accro Velo exhibition at the Musee des culture populaire in Trois Rivieres. It's an excellent history of cycling exhibition with 20-30 very historic bicycles, a least a dozen from before 1900! These bicycles are from the collection of the National Museum of Science and Technology in Ottawa. See the separate blog entry for this exhibit. See this link for some google videos I took of the exhibition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home