Firday afterwork sunset ride
Home from work.
Change out of corporate serfware and ride over to, up to the top of, and down Mount Royal.
The following were awesome:
- The deep forest of Olmstead Road a piece of the countryside hidden from the urban landscape, the crown jewel of Montreal.
- Beaver lake lookout
- Olmstead Road downhill to Pine avenue's (i.e. from monument) view of downtown
- The view from the Mont Royal Chalet lookout over downtown, the Monteregie hills and eastern townships, Vermont, and Covey Hill
- The view north to the Outremont Summit, Oka mountain and the laurentians and Lac St-Louis
- The summit, again.
- The ride down through the canyon and Camelien Houde
- McGill Campus
- Upper Outremont and the Mile-End Stream where it crosses under Maplewood
- Scenic ruelle Maplewood
Sunsets after work will soon disappear with the arrival of autumn's darkness. So go outside and get some sunset today.