When there is a big project of some sort in Quebec, the provincial government holds a public review process at the "BAPE" or Bureau d'audiences publique sur l'environnement.
is holding a hearing right now on the Projet d'aménagement d'un lien cyclable entre Vallée-Jonction et Notre-Dame-des-Pins.
(Project to build a bicycle path between Vallée-Jonction and Notre-Dame-des-Pins. This bike path is located along the Chaudiere river south of Quebec City on an old railroad right-of-way.
This path fills a big gap of missing bike path along this very scenic river valley. Quebec City is becoming a really excellent location/destination for cycling.
There is extensive online documentation
, and for the first time there is a map of the project.
Very interesting stuff.
Did you know that Quebec's longest covered bridge is at Notre-Dame-des-Pins
1) New Robert Cliche section of Route Verte
2) The "Circuit de decouverte Chemins Craig et Gosford" region
3) Cycloroute de Bellechasse
(74 km of pure fun)
4) South coast of the St-Laurence river where it becomes a maritime coastal ecological zone
5) Route Verte rail-trail coming from Sherbrooke