We observe Montreal's worst cyclist - from a safe distance
On the commute home from work we were passes by a dude on a hybrid bike. Good for him we thought, since we were not in speed mode due to ten laps on the Mt Royal stairs last night.
Then we noticed the dude was doing pretty much the opposite of what a non-suicidal person would do when riding a bike.
- blast at speed into intersections that had cars crossing directly in front of him (he skidded to a stop at the last second a few times)
- blasting through red lights and through moving traffic directly in front of him
- taking the shortest route is the only route which includes busy sidewalks and front yards
- red lights with pedestrians crossing in front of him caused him to jump on the sidewalk and blast through the light on the sidewalk playing chicken with anyone on the sidewalk (T-intersection so the sidewalk had no street to cross)
- And generally causing havoc and enemies every 30 seconds.