Friday, September 29, 2006

Puddles Suck

It was raining today and this means puddles.


I don't get very wet riding in the rain.

Except for puddles.

I passed a newly paved bike path in Saint Laurent. It had a 10 metre long puddle.

Can't todays laser measurement technology measure is a newly paved road surface is going to have proper drainage.

This is the kind of thing that the techno wizards leaving the universities must dream up every day. Make it Happen!!!

And where are the cities who pay and are apparently willing to accept this shoddy low-quality paving work?

The contract should clearly set performance guarantees. I think that proper drainage is one of the items that the paving contract should guarantee. Drainage isn't just wet shoes, it's a road hazard.

I know the solution: I'll go buy some bike shoe overbooties right now!

Because I know can't rely on the officials running our city(s) to demand a high level of quality when we pay contractors to do the paving work.

(Note, if you've been with me for a while you'll know that I have a rain bike, Rusty, and you'll wonder what's up, why am I not using rusty? It's in the shop. )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home