Wednesday, June 06, 2007

New back wheel!

Today I ordered a new back wheel for my Bertrand racing bike.

Lightweight people may never know that the back wheel isn't a heavy rider's friend. Mine was 19 years old, and for a heavy rider's wheel, that's 7 lifetimes. It was actually my backup wheel from my hammerhead racing days.

I've been really worried when I am far away in the countryside on an adventurous road ride and the wheel decides to finally give up. Being stranded far away isn't good.

Riding far away is good, finishing the ride and getting back to the car before dark is even better.

Happy, happy, happy.

1 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Blogger Cycle Fun Montreal said...

it's been two years and this wheel has had someone put a voodoo curse on it. It's the only explanation for the number of flats and other excitement, plus it doesn't stay straight. It had a bump in it that means it needs replacing real soon now.

I had three flats with an oldish but evil specialized tire in march, which is a cold month to be stopped changing tires. I moved away from crap specialized tires april 1 and have had no flats, a relief!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home