10 million dollars for bixi? We'd spend $10M on...
The city of Montreal is spending ten million dollars on the Bixi bike rental/extortion program.
We'd rather the city spent money on:
- Secure bike parking (including bike boxes/secure & covered bike parking)
- bike rider education
- fixing potholes
- public drinking fountains and washrooms
- more safe bike paths
- a full north-south link in western mtl/NDG
- modernizing the Lachine Canal bike path (3-lanes)
- more parking sign/meter posts with bike parking (we like these a lot)
- sweeping the winter crap off of the bike paths and the sides of Montreal streets
Overall, we think the city is moving in the right direction. The city has announced a bike path for the "missing link." a bike path connection between the Plateau and the Pont Jacques Cartier Bridge entrance (the wider and wildly scenic west-side path). We're surprised at this news... and happy!
Good work Montreal!