Descents: high speed and/or scenic
Bicycles enjoy going downhill, as do their riders.
We like long downhills. We like steep downhills. We like long and steep downhills.
Our favorites for exploring the top end of the bike's speed range are:
- Jay Peak ski area descent west towards Montgomery
- Rue principale est (east towards the river) from St-Clement village (Bas St-Laurent)
- Hotel Lac Sacacomie from St-Alexis-des-Monts, the return direction descent to river
- Rt 347 crossing the L'Assomption river (direction west) between St-Jean-de-Matha and Ste-Beatrix
In the long and fun and not so steep department, we offer these choices
- Ste-Emilie-de-l'Energie: Rang de la feuille d'erable direction south
- St-Jean-de-Matha (rang St-Catherine) to St-Emilie-de-l'Energie
- Chemin Nordet, St-Donat in Laurentiens (and a bit of Lanaudiere)
- St-Malo (highest village in quebec?) to East Hereford, eastern townships
- St-Hermenegilde to East Hereford
- St-Malo to Coaticook
- Anywhere in the Malbaie
- Ste-Roch-de-Mekinac to Ste-Tite on Rt 159
Some of these are also our favorite climbs, and some have our favorite lookouts and viewpoints, but these are really separate categories for another day.