Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Cycling in the rain

Light rain today reminded me that autumn rain is cold! It has been a while since we had rain when I had to commute.

I also noticed that I could easily skid my rear tire, and also spun out when leaving a light. Remember to be well balanced over the pedals when you need the tires connected to the road.

I noticed a slippery manhole cover at the start, but also observed many well textured ones that were less slippery.

I got to wear my bright yellow helmet cover. I have long believed it's better to be highly visible and dorky looking than be cool looking and get hit by a car. I came to this realization after I experienced the alternative.

The only downside at the moment is that my shoes are wet. I need some light booties I guess. And new shoes. Yay! New Shoes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home