Friday, October 24, 2008

hit by a hit and run driver today

A woman in a big hurry hit me today on the ride home.

I was travelling in the south direction and I was waiting to turn left (east) at the intersection of Autoroute 40 service road and lucerne road in TMR at approx 4:30 pm. I was in the left-turn lane, waiting for traffic in the opposite direction to stop for the light to permit the cars in the left turn lane to cross the intersection. The woman comes out of the right lane (not the left turn lane, but the go-straight lane) and honks for me to get out of her way. I signaled stop because I was waiting for the traffic in the other direction. Then she rams me from behind and I fell on her hood. The light then changed to permit cars to turn and she took off in a big hurry.

The car licence plate number was 518 KBE, it was a dark colored jetta with a woman driving.

The damage was my bike's rear wheel.

Lesson: when a crazy super-aggressive driver wants me to get out of her way, I will get out of her way, because life is to precious to lose it for something like this.

2 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Blogger Jules Foisy Lapointe said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you report this to Montreal police or the OPP?
You have all the information, she'll probably admnit to honking at you and once that is established, you may at least see some justice. It's terrible and I'm glad you are okay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home